The Tender Manager North America will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of tender preparation for FairWind lump sum projects in Canada and the United States. The projects will typically involve one or more of the following scopes: Transport, Crane, Installation, Major Component Exchange, Repower, Blade Work etc. FairWind, Inc.’s clients are all major wind turbine OEM’s. Projects can be both onshore and offshore.
President of FairWind, Inc.
Procurement, Site Management, Project Management, QHSE, Legal.
Tools, Facilities, Equipment etc.
Engineering & Execution, Operations, Resource Management, Procurement, Compliance, Legal, QHSE.
RFQ review and evaluation phase
· Maintaining sales pipeline and controlling documents in strict compliance with corporate guidelines.
· Scheduling and conducting tender review/tender kick-off meetings.
· Defining the tender project team and setting deliverables deadlines with team.
· Clarifying subcontractor scope and aligning with procurement dept.
· Clarifying local rules and regulations that could impact project cost.
· Perform tender risk analysis.
Tender preparation phase
· Participating in bid walks and customer meetings.
· Participating in select subcontractor meetings.
· Reviewing of site plans together with Engineering & Execution dept.
· Gathering of budget critical information such as manpower plans, schedules, tooling/equipment/facilities costs.
· Defining the site execution team in cooperation with FairWind Engineering & Execution and Operations/Resource Management depts.
· Liaising with FairWind procurement dept. to ensure correct budgeting of subcontractor scope.
· Preparing sales budget.
· Preparing tender according to corporate guidelines.
Contract negotiation phase
· Hosting internal sales budget reviews.
· Finalizing pricing in cooperation with management team.
· Participating in customer meetings.
· Securing a structured handover from the sales dept. to the operations dept.
· Valid passport.
· Valid driver’s license.
· No DUI within past 10 years.
· Problem solving.
· Effective communication.
· Time Management.
· Customer service.
· At least 5 years of experience from the wind industry. Preferably from a similar role.
· Experience with delegating and ensuring due diligence.
· Microsoft Office proficiency.
· Good typing skills.
· Fluency in written and verbal English.
· Ability to climb wind turbines.
· Corporate IT systems.
· Corporate processes.
If you are interested
If you have any questions feel free to call Uffe Kristiansen, President at: +1 713-703-7362