Looking for your next challenge in Wind?
FairWind is a leading provider of one-stop solutions for the installation and service of onshore and offshore wind turbines throughout the world. The company cooperates with approximately 1.500 technicians and has subsidiaries and offices worldwide.
We are looking for a commercially oriented Project Manager ready to join our diverse Service Project Management team and play an exciting role in FairWind. Become our first UK-based Service Project Manager.
You will be responsible for overall leadership, management and commercial success of FairWind Service wind projects in the UK.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You will be P&L responsible for your own area, and independently secure and execute service projects within budget and scope whilst always meeting the required safety and quality standards;
- You will be part of shaping the future of our UK service organisation;
- Most importantly, you challenge yourself and your colleagues to achieve the best results. You have a high level of professional competency, and you have a desire to develop your skills. You have good collaboration skills, and you can manage to act in different cultural contexts. To thrive in this position, you must have a strong result- and customer-oriented approach.
What we expect from you:
- A relevant Project Management certification;
- A proven track record securing and/or managing Wind Service projects – most likely for leading OEMs and/or their subcontractors;
- We expect a high level of commitment to proactively leverage your network of contacts to seek opportunities in the market, take the lead in responding to RFQs, negotiate contracts with clients and contractors in close collaboration with other FairWind departments, and plan and execute projects on site;
- You should expect to travel approximately 40-50 days per year, mainly to service sites, customer visits, and other FairWind locations outside the UK;
- It would be an added advantage if you have relevant technical education and practical experience in the operation/maintenance/commissioning/installation of wind turbines from one or more major OEMs.
What we offer:
- Stable employment;
- Agile company structure and short decision-making path;
- A challenging job in a fast-growing company;
- Unique possibility to develop the FairWind Service organization in UK;
- Work in a company with an established position with market leading OEM’s;
- An inspiring multi-cultural environment.
- You will initially be working remotely; but most likely be based in Scotland or North-East England.