Finance & Accounting Manager
The ideal candidate has gained experience in a similar position, from a company operating across the US and Canada. Experience from an industry with a high turnover of hourly paid employees and frequent changes to work sites is desirable.
Essential responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
• General ledger, A/P. A/R., cash management, fixed assets, G/L and bank account reconciliations.
• Supervise payroll process for hourly paid employees;
• Manage payroll process for salaried employees.
Cash and bank management:
• Monitor daily bank activity and create ACH & wires;
• Daily cash-flow management to ensure A/P and payroll obligations are met.
Monitoring & Reporting:
• Ensure that all deadlines relating to the accounting function are met;
• Confirm accuracy of operating financial statements and review financial reports to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards;
• Maintain records to ensure that internal as well as regulatory needs are met;
• Assist with audits and provide support to outside tax prepares for federal and state tax returns;
• Administer annual state (US) and provincial (CAN) filings;
• Manage the company’s 401(k) plan;
• Worker’s Compensation reporting.
Financial preparation & review:
• Continuously analyse operations;
• Prepare monthly and annual budgets;
• Assist in preparing individual project budgets;
• Participate in monthly financial review meetings;
• Maintain and develop business intelligence dashboards.
• Manage Accountant.
• Provide coaching to Administrative Assistant.
• Interface with external CPA.
Executive management support:
• Support President with special projects and workflow process improvements.
• Support with tender process.
• Liaise with group CFO based in Denmark.
- Fluency in verbal and written English;
- Navision proficiency a plus;
- Power BI proficiency a plus;
- Microsoft Office® proficiency;
- Experience working with customer invoicing portals.
- Ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
- Structured and analytical work approach.
- Minimum 5 years of finance/accounting work experience combined with a Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum 2 years of finance/accounting work experience combined with a Master’s in Accounting or Finance;
- CPA strongly desired.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- 401(k) with company match;
- Employer paid healthcare including dental and vision;
- Employer paid vacation;
- Company iPhone.
FairWind, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, disability, veteran, status, sex, national origin, or any other legally protected status. FairWind, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
If you are interested
For questions please call: Thomas Loendorf, Finance Manager at: +1 786-575-0084